TXM Healthcare are currently seeking Nurses- RMN / RGN to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering Primary Health Care (PHC) services and elements of Occupational Health (OH) to entitled Defence Medical Services (DMS) personnel. ASAP until 3rd August.
1. OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION-SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
2. To identify the needs of and develop programmes of care/service delivery to meet the demands of the Population at Risk (PAR).
3. To undertake autonomous consultations in the provision of nurse led clinics, including communication with outside agencies and disciplines.
4. To be responsible for the line management and clinical supervision of the other nurses within the practice and ensure untrained personnel within the treatment area work within their scope of practice.
5. To participate in chronic disease management and cervical cytology call/recall/consultations.
6. To participate in Healthcare Governance (HCG) and Health Promotion (HP) activities.
7. To utilise Information Systems (IS) to interrogate/support clinical audit/service evaluations.
8. To possesses knowledge of treatments, medication and clinical management of common PHC first contact and chronic conditions/ presentations.
9. To act as a coach/mentor/teacher to others in both clinical and managerial situations.
10. To participate in personal Clinical Supervision and learning activities.
B. STANDARDS TO WHICH A REGISTERED NURSE MUST COMPLY WHEN PROVIDING THE SERVICE
11. To comply with regulatory standards set out by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Conduct.
12. Undertakes continuous professional and personal development as required by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), employer and DPHC.
13. To comply with Joint Service Publication (JSP) Medical policy
B. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
14. Must be a Registered Nurse (A) Level 1 nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and hold a valid and in date PIN with no restriction of practice.
15. Must hold a MSc/BSc Nurse Practitioner qualification in Primary Care, supplemented by the Non-Medical Prescribing qualification with prescribing rights conferred by the providing agency.
16. Must have a minimum of one year’s satisfactory experience within the last 3 years at Band 7 in a Primary Healthcare (PHC) setting including holding own case load.
17. Must have a minimum of four years post registration experience in PHC practice.
18. Must hold in date Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Level 3 certificates.
19. Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
20. Must have knowledge and experience of HealthCare Governance (HCG) and Health Promotion (HP) activities within a PHC setting.
D. DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
21. Well Woman and Family Planning/ Sexual Health qualification.
22. Previous experience in the management of Travel Health.
23. Cervical Cytology training undertaken within the last 2 years.
24. Previous Ministry of Defence (MOD) experience.
25. Intermediate Life Support (ILS) training undertaken in the last year.
26. English National Board (ENB) 998 / Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice (SLAiP).
27. Experience of managing and ordering of stock in a non-dispensing practice environment.
TXM Healthcare welcomes your contact. For more information please call 01908 326400 or forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
TXM Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.