TXM Healthcare are a multi-disciplinary award winning healthcare agency whom are currently seeking a Band 6 Practice Nurse delivering Primary Health Care services and elements of occupational health to military personnel. The successful candidate would be required to join the team from ASAP – 1st September.
1. OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION- SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
2. To be responsible to the Senior Doctor or Lead Nurse and provide routine clinics to meet the need of the Population at Risk (PAR).
3. If acting as the Lead Nurse, be responsible for the line management and clinical supervision of other Practice Nurses where appropriate and ensure untrained personnel within the treatment area work within their scope of practice.
4. To work autonomously in the provision of nurse led clinics, including communication with outside agencies and disciplines.
5. To provide clinical treatment, screening and advice within their level of competence in accordance with NMC Codes of Practice and Scope of Professional Practice, and defence Medical Services (DMS) clinical guidelines and protocols.
6. To be involved in the development of programmes of care/service delivery within their scope of practice, including the ability to perform audits and conduct electronic searches, to meet the demands of the Population at Risk (PAR).
7. To assess, plan, implement and evaluate clinical care of patients autonomously within their level of competence/scope of practice.
B. STANDARDS TO WHICH A REGISTERED NURSE MUST COMPLY WHEN PROVIDING THE SERVICE
8. To comply with regulatory standards set out by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Conduct.
9. To undertakes continuous professional and personal development as required by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), employer and Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC).
10. To comply with Joint Service Publication (JSP) 950 Medical Policy.
C. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
11. Must be Registered Nurse (A) Level 1 nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and hold a valid and in date Personal Identification Number (PIN) with no restriction of practice.
12. Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
13. Must have a minimum of one year’s satisfactory previous experience at Band 6 in a Primary Health Care setting within the last 3 years.
14. Must have a minimum of 2 years post registration experience in Primary Health Care practice.
15. Must hold in date Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Level 3 certificates.
16. Must hold an accredited certificate of training obtained in the last 3 years of:
a. Immunisation and vaccination (including children if a families practice)
d. Ear Care (including irrigation)
e. Smoking cessation
f. Minor Injuries and Illnesses
g. Travel health.
17. Certificate of competency in the use of Patient Group Directives (PGDs) in a Primary Health Care setting.
18. Knowledge and experience of Healthcare Governance and Health Promotion activities within a Primary Healthcare (PHC) setting.
19. Experience gained within the last 3 years in Health Screening, clinical supervision, management of Long Term Conditions (diabetes, asthma, coronary heart disease etc.).
TXM Healthcare welcomes your contact. For more information please call 01908 326400 or forward a copy of your CV to Jobs@TXMHealthcare.co.uk
TXM Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.