This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4 hours to complete.
Renewal Course requires approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing.